In this week’s episode of The Radical Health Rebel podcast entitled “Hamstring Strains”, I spoke with my good friend and colleague, Matt Wallden, the Head of CHEK Institute Faculty about hamstrings strains.
Matt completed a thesis on hamstring strains in elite football players as part of his Master’s degree in Osteopathy over 20 years ago and consulted with elite sports teams, such as Chelsea FC and Wasps RUFC, as well as elite British sprinters.
So who better to discuss the how’s, what’s, and why’s of hamstring strains, how to prevent them and how to rehabiltate from them, than Matt?
- Matt’s background
- Function of the hamstrings
- The different role of the hamstrings in humans
- Matt’s Master’s Thesis on Hamstring Strains
- Weakness of hamstring strain research
- The medical approach to hamstring strains
- Gravity Patterns & hamstring strains
- The Cumulative Micro-trauma Model
- Viscero-somatic reflex & hamstring strains
- Optic, Otic & Occlusal Plane Reflexes and hamstring strains
- Matt’s Top Tips
And if you love the podcast, please give a 5-Star Rating at the top of the page on Spotify or at the bottom of the page on Apple Podcasts. 🙏