- Any amount of fish or meat of your choice
- Any amount of two fresh vegetables
- One baked potato or a small helping of boiled potatoes or a small helping of boiled rice or a small helping of pasta
- Fresh fruit or low fat fruit yoghurt
- Tea, herbal tea or coffee
Here are my Comments:
- These are the most sensible recommendations. However, rice and potatoes again, might lead to the release of too much insulin and help to store the calories as fat.
- Coffee at evening meal time is asking for trouble if you want to lose weight. The half-life of caffeine
will mean that your body will be jacked-up well into the night and affect sleep. Good quality sleep is crucial to hormone balance, maintenance of muscle tissue and metabolic rate.
Check out my last post on this subject when I discuss Dr Steele’s recommendations on Food Replacing and Snacking. You don’t want to miss this one!