So what can we do prevent heart disease?
- Consume a diet high in organic animal foods which are rich in protective fats, such as Omega 3 Fish Oils (not plant Omega 3) and B vitamins
- Eat right for your metabolic type.
- Include anti-microbial fats (A cold pressed organic extra virgin Coconut Oil is particularly good).
- Use a good organic non-processed sea salt to boost iodine levels
- Use of garlic, cinnamon, niacin, lecithin and cayenne pepper.
- If you must have dairy, find a local farm that produces raw (unpasteurised) dairy.
- Avoid processed foods that make the artery walls more prone to ruptures and plaque build up.
- Avoid any hydrogenated oils such as spreads that are soft straight from the fridge.
- Avoid dairy products that have been homogenised.
- Avoid refined carbohydrates, such as sugar, bread and pasta and most vegetable oils (especially polyunsaturated oils) that cause the body to need constant repair.
- Exercise regularly, 5-7 times per week. Choose activities that you will enjoy. Just 15-30minutes per day will leave less glucose available to be stores as cholesterol. If you can exercise for longer it will be more beneficial.
Now I’m off to eat 3 Wild Salmon Fillets covered in herbs, cooked in Coconut Oil with a few veggies sautéed in butter!