As I stated in my last post, 2008 was a great year for me and for BodyCHEK.
2008 was the first year I took my foot off the pedal in terms of studying. I only completed 2 courses, which is not much for me. I did continue to read on a daily basis, but much of what I read was revising information I learned before. The intention was to improve my understanding of the concepts I already knew.
Reviewing the information improved my understanding of many concepts to a much deeper level than I ever expected. This deeper level of knowledge transfered to a better service to my clients, the ability to deal with more complex cases and greater results.
This blog was set up over 2 years ago to give you an insight into my life, my work and perhaps most importantly, for me to communicate the successes of my clinical experience.
So what do I know for sure? Well, the only thing any of us can ever be certain of is uncertainty. However, my clinical experience has shown me many simple things that we can do (or avoid) on a daily basis to achieve optimal health and vitality.
Below are 30 actions you can take to enable an amazing level of health and vitality based on my experience of working with hundreds of people over a number of years:
- Know your Core Values
- Set SMART Goals. Regularly review your progress and re-set new goals as necessary
- Say positive affirmation statements daily (in the present tense)
- Live in the NOW (do not dwell in the past or be fearful of the future)
- Follow the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People on a daily basis
- Take at least 10 minutes per day to be alone and focus on your breath, in other words meditate
- Breathe diaphragmatically as often as you can throughout the day
- Drink 0.03 liters per kilo of bodyweight of good mineral water per day (Vittel or Evian) or reverse osmosis filtered water with organic sea salt added.
- Avoid drinking caffeinated and decaffeinated drinks, fizzy drinks, commercial sports drinks, fruit juices and tap water
- Eat a totally organic diet
- Eat right for your metabolic type
- Avoid commercial supplements
- Avoid processed sugar (table sugar, corn fructose syrup etc)
- Avoid eating anything from a can or tin
- Avoid eating large fish
- Avoid eating gliadin containing grains (all grains except rice, corn, buckwheat and millet)
- Avoid pasteurized dairy
- Avoid ALL boxed commercial breakfast cereals
- Avoid hydrogenated vegetable oils (trans fats often found in low fat speads, biscuits and pastry)
- Test for food intolerances, fungus, bacterial and parasite infections
- Use organic toiletry products and avoid ALL commercial toiletries
- Have any metal fillings replaced by a Holistic or Biological Dentist
- Have your jaw checked and if necessary realigned by a Holistic Dentist
- Improve your vision via the Bates Method (rather than wearing glasses)
- Have your upper cervical spine (upper neck) realigned by a CHEK Practitioner by a NUCCA Chiropractor
- Have a whole house water filtration system installed or at least a filter for drinking/cooking and a shower filter for bathing/showering.
- Get some movement/exercise every day
- Have a massage at least every two weeks and always get injuries seen to quickly.
- Get to bed by 10pm and sleep for at least 8 hours per night.
- Sleep in a totally dark room
Take your time implementing each action. Try perhaps one new action per week or one every two weeks. Once you are confident you have implemented one action successfully and make it habitual, then try another. Success breeds success.
If you are wondering why any of the above actions may be useful or necessary or would like further information on any point, then please reply and I’ll do my best to respond.