So, if I was minister for health my suggestions would be:
- Set goals for how you want to be and focus on what it will be like when you’ve achieved it every day.
- Take 10 minutes out of each day to spend time on your own in silence just focusing on your breathing
- Drink at least 2 litres of mineral water each day and minimize all other beverages
- Eat as much of your food from organic or wild sources and reduce/eliminate grains, dairy, fruit, caffeine, sugars and alcohol.
- Get some movement in the body every day for at least 30 minutes. Find something you enjoy and do that. Walking or walking the dog would suffice
- Get to bed by 10pm each evening and get at least 8 hours sleep per night
If you’re currently overweight, why not give my recommendations above a try for six months and see what happens? Make sure you keep a diary of what you eat, your exercise and your sleep patterns.