Many people ask me what I do to stay so fit and healthy all year long. For me staying healthy takes no more energy than being unhealthy. It’s merely a choice. I choose to be healthy and by doing that I prioritise all the things I need to do to stay in tip top shape.
To stay is shape, I follow the Foundation of Health Principles. These are:
- Positive Thoughts
- Breathing Correctly
- Eating Right for your Metabolic Type
So how do I follow these principles?
- Each day I read my goals as positive affirmation statements. I watch The Secret visualisation clip daily and watch The Secret DVD each week. I focus on my ultimate goals and they keep me positive even in times of high stress.
- I take 10 minutes out of each day to focus on breath, whether it is doing some Tai Chi or an abdominal breathing exercise. I bring my focus back to my breath as often as possible throughout the day.
- I take a 1.5 litre bottle of Vittel mineral water to work each day and buy a second one around lunch time. This ensures I drink at least 3 litres per day and I also get a little sunlight from the walk to the shop.
- I order organic food from Graig Farm and Tesco each week and have it delivered. I cook 3 meals each morning and take lunch and dinner to work with me in a cool box. I plan meals in advance and ensure that each meal has the right proportion of macronutrients in it for my type.
- I workout in the gym on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursday. I’ve re-started boxing training on a Wednesday and I play tennis most Saturday and Sundays and some Fridays.
- I go to bed at 10pm each evening at wake up at 6am. At weekends I allow myself to lay in if my body needs it. It normally depends how demanding the previous week had been.
Put these principles into practise and see the boost your health will receive. Check out the BodyCHEK website if you want more information www.bodychek.co.uk.