The main goals for my gym work are to increase muscle mass, reduce body fat, increase strength and power, condition for tennis and minimise the likelihood of injury.
This week, my workouts were as follows:
- Tuesday – Pushing Patterns
- Wednesday – Pulling Patterns (at home with PowerBlocks)
- Thursday – Bend and Lunge Patterns
- Friday – Fun Day (spontaneous choice of exercises whilst focussing on improving muscular endurance, posture and stabiliser muscles)
As it was the first week back, I took it a little easier than normal (about 80%) so I didn’t get too much Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness.
Over a 10 week block, I’ll be focussing on the following:
- Weeks 1-3 – Hypertorphy (2-4 sets, 8-10 reps)
- Weeks 4-6 – Strength (3-5 sets, 4-6 reps)
- Weeks 7-9 – Power (3-5 sets, explosive tempos)
- Week 10 – Recovery week (may do Bikram yoga each day)
I’ll keep you posted on how I go.
Until next time…